ATI PACS is a web based Picture Archiving & Communication System that increases the efficiency and maximizes the profit of an Imaging Center by providing economical storage of and convenient access to images from multiple modalities with faster and accurate patient care and reduced turnaround time.This system has replaced x-ray film with digital images.
ATI PACS is used to help hospitals to capture, manage, store and view diagnostic images. The diagnostic images are generated from modalities and are sent to PACS in electronic from after the scan. Upon receiving the diagnostic images via PACS, technologists may review and validate the images with the performed procedures. After the review and validation, radiologists may start reading the images and performing the diagnosis. Non-image data, such as scanned documents, may be incorporated using consumer industry standard formats like PDF (Portable Document Format), once encapsulated in DICOM.This scanning-review-reporting process used to take more than an hour with traditional films.
ATI PACS shortens this process to less than five minutes thereby enabling patients to promptly receive proper treatments. Another benefit of using PACS is time saving, since radiologists no longer need to sort and handle films.
ATI PACS consists of four major components:
- The imaging modalities such as X-RAY,CT,MRI, FR, DX, US etc.
- A secured network for the transmission of patient information
- Workstations for interpreting and reviewing images
- Archives for the storage and retrieval of images and reports
ATI Mini PACS is an integrated part of RIS which enables images such as x-rays, MRIs¬¬¬ to be stored electronically and viewed on screens, so that doctors and other health professionals can access the information and analyze it by touching a button saves time and resources. Additionally, it stores patients’ images in an organized way which enables records to be retrieved with ease as needed for future reference.
ATI Mini PACS includes several components which are:
- HL7 Manager
- PACS Server
- Database Server
- ATI DICOM Viewer
HL7 Manager is the ATI proprietary interfacing tool between RIS and PACS Server. Task of HL7 Manager:
- Communicates with PACS Server to generate modality work list when there is a new order entry.
- Update HIS database according to the response of the PACS Server.
- Resend the order message to PACS server if there is any communication failure.
- Keeps log entry of any server or communication fault.
The PACS Server is a cross-platform system developed in Java and based on a robust open source PACS solution dcm4chee. PACS server does the following tasks:
- Generating Modality Work list for different modalities
- Archiving and managing DICOM images generated form modality workstations
- Respond to different requests of RIS components by serving relevant contents
It uses a database to store information from the DICOM headers, index information for locating objects on the file system, and other pertinent system and clinical data. Six different databases are supported for deployment with the system:
- SQL Server
ATI PACS DICOM Viewer
ATI Viewer is the DICOM viewing application and processing tool. The viewer is tightly integrated with the ATI RIS & Workflow engine. It has a wide range of visualization, measurement, study display and distribution features with an easy to use user interface.
- Supports DICOM queries
- Multiple viewing matrixes for comparison of different image series and multiple image layout within a series
- Thumbnail and tree-view display of image series
- Preset image display tools for each modality
- Supports unlimited landscape or portrait monitors and spreading of study/series on different monitors
- Ability to clip images to report
- Includes image processing functions like window level – manual and presets mode, zoom, pan, Hounsfield, value for CT images etc.
- Annotation tools including line, arrow, rectangle ellipse and text annotation, free hand drawing etc.
- Measurement functions including Linear, Angle and Area measurements
- CD/DVD burning of studies with embedded viewer and essential image processing tools – directly from worklist. Can be configured for local or RIMAGE robot disc burners
- Viewer tightly-integrated with worklist and reporting engine
- Optimize radiologist reading time by defining a variety of hanging protocols
- Intelligent and optimized download manager ensures all images are downloaded from the nearest cache /
- main center. Can be configured to download preemptively (pre-fetcher technology)
ATI mobile PACS is an excellent mobile teleradiology solution & a next generation radiology automation. It is an integrated and collaborative teleradiology solution that automates RAD Workflow and DICOM imaging at the convenience of any handheld . Enables Radiologists to access studies, review at the touch of a button. ATI mobile PACS is revolutionizing the radiology industry by making the radiologist work load truly accessible anytime anywhere.
With ATI mobile PACS a radiologist on a touch of a button will be able to:
With Touch of a Button
- Fully integrated RIS and PACS platform
- Connect to ATI PACS server over any handheld device running on Windows, Android, Mac
- Conduct a Study on iPad with support of DICOM Imaging
- Sync with ATI PACSserver and be updated
- Create and Share Studies over handheld.
- Operating system supported:Windows, Android, Mac.
- Platform – iPad, Note, Tablet, Phablet
- Connectivity – 3G or WiFi
Connected Imaging enables patients to access and manage their own images and medical data and all this is possible with a user friendly web browser and Java enabled devices. It is one of the secure portals that streamline communication between patients and healthcare providers.
- Easy 24 X 7 access
- Access Health records, diagnosis reports and images from anywhere.
- Easy image management
- Highly secure with privacy enabled
- Eliminates the need of duplicate exams
- Increase productivity.
- Imaging center provides better service to the patient there by attracting him as a client
- Sharing between facilities
- Patients feel more involved in management of their healthcare
Radiology Information System – RIS
Radiologists can report on reads from anywhere, anytime through internet browser. ATI RIS can integrate with PACS and built on a single platform, resulting in reduce data entry, eliminating errors and increasing productivity throughout your radiology department.Ensures authenticity of studies before radiologist assignment – Radiologist spends his time in analyzing the images rather than comparing/confirming study data, and finally eliminates multiple work-lists – enhances productivity.
- Consolidated Worklist
- Workflow Rules/ Parameters
- Multi read
- Auto Order/Auto assignment
- Built-in Reporting Template for Radiologist
- Built-in QA and Peer review
- User scheduler based on Calendar
- Reporting archiving and distribution
- Reporting Status – Draft Prelim Finalize Addendum
Scalable & Expandable Architecture
- Completely scalable & expandable, from single-modality imaging centers to large academic
Medical centers, multi-site organizations, and regional health information exchanges (HIEs)
- A cross-platform application can run on Microsoft Windows, Linux.
Acquires images and information from any DICOM source
Image Archiving & Backup
- Dual online archive provides image security and fail-over protection
- Selectable image compression for faster distribution and maximum storage capacity
- Unconditional data backup and offsite storage for Disaster Recovery
- CD-R, DVD-R and/or Tape for off-line data backup and distribution
Image Distribution & Viewing
- User-configurable settings, work list wizards and very advanced hanging protocols provide
Individuals with an optimized viewer interface
- Enable physicians to window level zoom measures magnifiers contrast grayscale both in desktop
Allow free communication and exchange of data between medical software applications
in order to eliminate or reduce incompatibility among different applications by supporting
the HL7 standard.
Feature comparison between Fuji PACS , JiveX PACS & ATI PACS
|SN||Features||Fuji PACS||JiveX PACS||ATI PACS||Comments|
|Window Level changing||Yes||Yes||Yes||Ok|
|Pseudo image color||Yes||Yes||No||In Progress|
|Image Rotation||Yes||Yes||Yes||Both direction|
|Image Flipping||Yes||Yes||Yes||Both vertical and horizontal|
|Cine View||Yes||Yes||Yes||With fps control|
|Magnifier||Yes||Yes||Yes||With magnifying factor 2x, 3x, 4x, 5x|
|Image in 1:1 pixel||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Image in view port size||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|View Port ruler||No||No||Yes||Ok|
|Rectangular shape||Yes||Yes||No||In Progress|
|Circular shape||Yes||Yes||No||In Progress|
|Polygonal shape||Yes||Yes||No||In Progress|
|Screen shot capture||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Image opening from file system||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Optical Density / Pixel value||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Line Annotation||Yes||Yes||Yes||All annotations can be drawn with color|
|Circle annotation with 3 given point||No||Yes||Yes|
|Circle Annotation with Center point||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Open ployline annotation||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Text Annotations with anchor||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Text annotations without anchor||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|New Line relation measurement||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Open angle measurement||No||Yes||Yes|
|Circle Statistics Measurement||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Parallel line measurement||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Open three way angle measurement||No||Yes||No||In Progress|
|Polygon statistics Measurement||Yes||Yes||No|
|Plumb line measurement||No||Yes||Yes|
|Window level slider||No||Yes||Yes|
|Hounsfield probe||Yes||Yes||No||In Progress|
|Compressed image view||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Multi frame image view||Yes||Yes||Yes||Ok|